Quilting classes are now being offered. All classes are held at the Bayberry Quilt and Gift Shoppe, and have a maximum of 12 students with 2 instructors. Classes are 2 hours per session and are designed for varying skill sets. Beginners are always welcome. We have a couple of Janome sewing machines on-site to use in class if you are new to quilting and don’t have a machine yet. Machines are available by reservation only.
All of our weekly classes are 4 week classes to make a throw sized quilt or larger. All fabrics must purchased at Bayberry Quilts for all of our classes. Periodically we will hold one day workshops to make small pieces but these workshops are not held on a regular basis. Students are welcome keep their seat and signup for additional 4 week classes with the purchase of a new quilt project for each series of 4 weeks.
A 10% discount is given for the machine quilting of quilts made as a class project.
6:00pm-8:00pm Wednesday, Thursday evenings and Tuesday Mornings 10:30-12:30.
Call (413) 592-9653 for additional information, and to sign up for classes. Our list of upcoming classes is below.
- Porch Rails for little boys - What little boy wouldn’t love this cute quilt. Work Zone…is the perfect name for this line of fabrics. Quilt measures 52″ x 68″. Quick and Easy and a great beginner quilt or just a quick-do. Available while they last!! Can be your 4 week class project.
- Porch Rails for Little Girls - This cute little girls quilt measures 52″ x 68″. It is made with the new line of juvenile fabrics that came in this season. The sheep and coordinates are precious and something every little girl will love. Quick and Easy. Great Beginner project or a quick-do !!. Can be your 4 week class project. Kits […]
- Trip Around the Irish Chain - This gorgeous quilt was made using beautiful lime greens and orchid purples. Can be a beginner project. This can be your 4 week class project. Quilt measures 64″ square. Kits available while they last.
- Scrap Basket Blues - This quilt measures 48″ x 60″. It is made with beautiful shades of greens. The batiks in this grouping are vibrant and striking. This can be your 4 week class project. Made with 2 1/2″ strip sets.
- Patriotic Dogs - This small quilt was designed by Maryann Scott-Smith of Bayberry Quilt and Gift Shoppe. This quilt has an Americana feel. It is made using a new novelty fabric with a summer theme. A great beginner project or a quick-do project to make in the summer heat. Quilt measures 38″ x 47″. This can be your […]
- Tossed Nine-Patch - This is a great beginner quilt that works up with ease. These pastel batiks give this quilt a very soft look. The beautiful batik border brings all of the colors together and make a great finished piece. This can be your 4 week class project. Limited kits available while they last.
- Fireworks - This quilt measures 62″ x 62″. This festive quilt was made using our new americana line of Wilmington Fabrics. The border brings the quilt together for a beautiful finish. We have limited kits available for this quilt while they last. This can be your 4 week class project.
- VALOR - This Americana quilt has been very popular as a class project. The quilt measures 56″ x 66″ and is made using the new line of Timeless Treasures fabrics. Kits are limited in supply and can be purchased while available. This is a 4 week project on our class schedule.
- Star Dance - The pretty quilt is one of our new class offerings for 2018. Made with soft greys and seafoam green fabrics. The star in the center is a wonderful focus to this quilt. Kits available while they last. Quilt measures 70″ square.
- Bali Sea Star Quilt - This gorgeous new addition to our classes is made with our new line of Timeless Treasures Batiks. Intermediate level. Quilt has 40+ batik coordinates used. We have limited kits available for this quilt. Kit includes fabric for the quilt top, backing and book. 4 week class . Call or email for more information.
- Teddy Bear Wall Hanging - This teddy bear quilt measures 46 x 46 when completed. Can be made to be used as a quilt or wall hanging. We used the new line of Kansas Troubles fabric from moda to make this adorable piece. Machine pieced and embellished with buttons. Can be made as a 4 week class while the […]
- Hopscotch Quilt - This quilt is a great BEGINNER or quick and easy quilt when you need one in a hurry. This quilt can be made as a throw size or as a large queen. We have a kit available for a throw in the combination pictured. This quilt can also be made with a wide variety […]
- walk about - This quilt has been a great beginner class for us. This quilt can be make in a variety of sizes from lap to king. Sign up now to make this quilt.
- callies star - this quilt was designed by Maryann Scott-Smith for Bayberry Quilts. This quilt is an intermediate skill level.
- Callies Garden Path - Price:36.00 Day & Time: year-round offering 2015 This new quilt was recently designed by Maryann for us here at Bayberry Quilts. Beginner Level. Quick to make and can be made with a variety of our focus fabrics. 4 week class For more information stop in or call the shoppe.