Quilting classes are now being offered. All classes are held at the Bayberry Quilt and Gift Shoppe, and have a maximum of 12 students with 2 instructors. Classes are 2 hours per session and are designed for varying skill sets. Beginners are always welcome. We have a couple of Janome sewing machines on-site to use in class if you are new to quilting and don’t have a machine yet. Machines are available by reservation only.
All of our weekly classes are 4 week classes to make a throw sized quilt or larger. All fabrics must purchased at Bayberry Quilts for all of our classes. Periodically we will hold one day workshops to make small pieces but these workshops are not held on a regular basis. Students are welcome keep their seat and signup for additional 4 week classes with the purchase of a new quilt project for each series of 4 weeks.
A 10% discount is given for the machine quilting of quilts made as a class project.
6:00pm-8:00pm Wednesday, Thursday evenings and Tuesday Mornings 10:30-12:30.
Call (413) 592-9653 for additional information, and to sign up for classes. Our list of upcoming classes is below.
- Buckeyed Beauty Quilt - This quilt is made with beautiful new bright batiks that just arrived. The gorgeous watercolor border brings out all of the fabrics that were put into this new demo. This quilt pattern uses an new ruler with a new technique. Not a beginner class but worth the effort! The quilt measures 63 x 80. The […]
- Bali Sea Star Quilt - This gorgeous new addition to our classes is made with our new line of Timeless Treasures Batiks. Intermediate level. Quilt has 40+ batik coordinates used. We have limited kits available for this quilt. Kit includes fabric for the quilt top, backing and book. 4 week class . Call or email for more information.
- Teddy Bear Wall Hanging - This teddy bear quilt measures 46 x 46 when completed. Can be made to be used as a quilt or wall hanging. We used the new line of Kansas Troubles fabric from moda to make this adorable piece. Machine pieced and embellished with buttons. Can be made as a 4 week class while the […]
- Hopscotch Quilt - This quilt is a great BEGINNER or quick and easy quilt when you need one in a hurry. This quilt can be made as a throw size or as a large queen. We have a kit available for a throw in the combination pictured. This quilt can also be made with a wide variety […]
- generations - This beautiful new quilt is made with the new line of moda fabrics that came in this past month. The scrappy look of the quilt is what makes it the most appealing. Quilt measures 60 x 77 when completed. This quilt is available as a 4 week class project. Call for information on the class […]
- Christmas Whimsy - This new quilt measures 45″ square and is made with the new line of christmas whimsy fabric that arrived recently. This quilt is made using a variation of the pineapple block and makes a cute winter wall hanging, table topper or lap quilt. This can be made in an upcoming 4 week class at Bayberry Quilts. […]
- walk about - This quilt has been a great beginner class for us. This quilt can be make in a variety of sizes from lap to king. Sign up now to make this quilt.
- callies star - this quilt was designed by Maryann Scott-Smith for Bayberry Quilts. This quilt is an intermediate skill level.
- Callies Garden Path - Price:36.00 Day & Time: year-round offering 2015 This new quilt was recently designed by Maryann for us here at Bayberry Quilts. Beginner Level. Quick to make and can be made with a variety of our focus fabrics. 4 week class For more information stop in or call the shoppe.