Quilting classes are now being offered. All classes are held at the Bayberry Quilt and Gift Shoppe, and have a maximum of 12 students with 2 instructors. Classes are 2 hours per session and are designed for varying skill sets. Beginners are always welcome. We have a couple of Janome sewing machines on-site to use in class if you are new to quilting and don’t have a machine yet. Machines are available by reservation only.
All of our weekly classes are 4 week classes to make a throw sized quilt or larger. All fabrics must purchased at Bayberry Quilts for all of our classes. Periodically we will hold one day workshops to make small pieces but these workshops are not held on a regular basis. Students are welcome keep their seat and signup for additional 4 week classes with the purchase of a new quilt project for each series of 4 weeks.
A 10% discount is given for the machine quilting of quilts made as a class project.
6:00pm-8:00pm Wednesday, Thursday evenings and Tuesday Mornings 10:30-12:30.
Call (413) 592-9653 for additional information, and to sign up for classes. Our list of upcoming classes is below.
- Bali Sea Star Quilt - This gorgeous new addition to our classes is made with our new line of Timeless Treasures Batiks. Intermediate level. Quilt has 40+ batik coordinates used. We have limited kits available for this quilt. Kit includes fabric for the quilt top, backing and book. 4 week class . Call or email for more information.
- Sparkler - This new Americana quilt measures 60 x 60 when completed. It is made using Wilmington’ colors of freedom fabrics. The colors are muted blues, reds and creams . Intermediate level. Can be made as a 4 week class. Stop in, call or email for information. Available while supplies last.
- Ten Pack - This quilt was made with the new line of Bali crackers by Hoffman fabrics. It is of intermediate level The color combination is of blues and greens are look great together in this quilt that we choice for it. Can be made as a 4 week quilt class while supply lasts. Quilt measures 51 […]
- Teddy Bear Wall Hanging - This teddy bear quilt measures 46 x 46 when completed. Can be made to be used as a quilt or wall hanging. We used the new line of Kansas Troubles fabric from moda to make this adorable piece. Machine pieced and embellished with buttons. Can be made as a 4 week class while the […]
- Hopscotch Quilt - This quilt is a great BEGINNER or quick and easy quilt when you need one in a hurry. This quilt can be made as a throw size or as a large queen. We have a kit available for a throw in the combination pictured. This quilt can also be made with a wide variety […]
- generations - This beautiful new quilt is made with the new line of moda fabrics that came in this past month. The scrappy look of the quilt is what makes it the most appealing. Quilt measures 60 x 77 when completed. This quilt is available as a 4 week class project. Call for information on the class […]
- Tuscany tiles - This gorgeous batik quilt measures 50 x 65 when finished. It is made with a wide variety of beautifully coordinated batiks. Kits are now limited in supply. Can be made as a 4 week quilting class project . Call for information or to purchase the kit.
- one in a minion - This new quilt project has been very popular. We have a couple of kits left to make this quilt. The project is a 4 week class in April, May or June. Call if interested in the kit or the class. Quilt measures 52 x 58.
- Christmas Whimsy - This new quilt measures 45″ square and is made with the new line of christmas whimsy fabric that arrived recently. This quilt is made using a variation of the pineapple block and makes a cute winter wall hanging, table topper or lap quilt. This can be made in an upcoming 4 week class at Bayberry Quilts. […]
- oh america - This quilt measures 50″ square. Can be used as a lap quilt, table topper or wall hanging. Quilt is machine pieced and has a machine applique border. 4 week class.
- walk about - This quilt has been a great beginner class for us. This quilt can be make in a variety of sizes from lap to king. Sign up now to make this quilt.
- Marinated Chicken - This quilt measures 54″ square. Can be used as a lap quilt or as a table topper. Unique and easy to make. 4 week class. Call the shoppe for openings available.
- callies star - this quilt was designed by Maryann Scott-Smith for Bayberry Quilts. This quilt is an intermediate skill level.
- Callies Garden Path - Price:36.00 Day & Time: year-round offering 2015 This new quilt was recently designed by Maryann for us here at Bayberry Quilts. Beginner Level. Quick to make and can be made with a variety of our focus fabrics. 4 week class For more information stop in or call the shoppe.