Quilting classes are now being offered. All classes are held at the Bayberry Quilt and Gift Shoppe, and have a maximum of 12 students with 2 instructors. Classes are 2 hours per session and are designed for varying skill sets. Beginners are always welcome. We have a couple of Janome sewing machines on-site to use in class if you are new to quilting and don’t have a machine yet. Machines are available by reservation only.
All of our weekly classes are 4 week classes to make a throw sized quilt or larger. All fabrics must purchased at Bayberry Quilts for all of our classes. Periodically we will hold one day workshops to make small pieces but these workshops are not held on a regular basis. Students are welcome keep their seat and signup for additional 4 week classes with the purchase of a new quilt project for each series of 4 weeks.
A 10% discount is given for the machine quilting of quilts made as a class project.
6:00pm-8:00pm Wednesday, Thursday evenings and Tuesday Mornings 10:30-12:30.
Call (413) 592-9653 for additional information, and to sign up for classes. Our list of upcoming classes is below.
- Afternoon Delight - This quilt is offered with blacks, golds, rusts and beige. The prints on this new line of fabric stand out very much in this quilt pattern. This pattern needs a fabric that can stand center stage and this grouping certainly does just that. This is a 4 week class offering and can be made with […]
- Leap Frog - Batiks are the way to go for this quilt. The turquoises and golds are so pretty together in this pattern. Quilt measures 69″ square. The pattern that is made with these fabrics is interesting and very pretty. This quilt is a 4 week class offering.
- Sheltering Snowman - This winter quilt is made with a new line of winter fabrics that we selected for this demo. Quilt measures 50″ x 61″ and is made with greys, beiges and reds. Very bright and striking . The beauty of this quilt is that it can be displayed all winter.
- Chantrell - This beautiful new quilt is offered as a fall class. The fabrics are from a new line from Wilmington Fabrics. The quilt measures 56″ x 64″ and is made with greens, beiges and black .
- Cardinal Holiday - This new quilt measures 51″ x 63″ when completed. This is a current 4 week class that is perfect for a beginner . This quilt can be put together very easily and will be ready to enjoy this winter. The fabrics are from our newest Christmas/Holiday line of fabrics that just arrived. The cardinals in […]
- Friendly Gathering - This beautiful winter quilt is made with our newest line of Wilmington Fabrics. The quilt measures 54″x 58″ when completed. This is a current 4 week class. Supplies limited. This pattern is for a confident beginner.
- Quick Trip Around The World - This beginner quilt measures 53″x 76″ when completed. The fabrics used in this quilt are from a new line that just arrived at the shoppe. It is done in beautiful soft greys and creams . This quilt can also be made in class with different color groupings in a variety of sizes. Class is a […]
- Scrap Basket Blues - This quilt measures 48″ x 60″. It is made with beautiful shades of greens. The batiks in this grouping are vibrant and striking. This can be your 4 week class project. Made with 2 1/2″ strip sets.
- Patriotic Dogs - This small quilt was designed by Maryann Scott-Smith of Bayberry Quilt and Gift Shoppe. This quilt has an Americana feel. It is made using a new novelty fabric with a summer theme. A great beginner project or a quick-do project to make in the summer heat. Quilt measures 38″ x 47″. This can be your […]
- Fireworks - This quilt measures 62″ x 62″. This festive quilt was made using our new americana line of Wilmington Fabrics. The border brings the quilt together for a beautiful finish. We have limited kits available for this quilt while they last. This can be your 4 week class project.
- VALOR - This Americana quilt has been very popular as a class project. The quilt measures 56″ x 66″ and is made using the new line of Timeless Treasures fabrics. Kits are limited in supply and can be purchased while available. This is a 4 week project on our class schedule.
- Star Dance - The pretty quilt is one of our new class offerings for 2018. Made with soft greys and seafoam green fabrics. The star in the center is a wonderful focus to this quilt. Kits available while they last. Quilt measures 70″ square.
- Teddy Bear Wall Hanging - This teddy bear quilt measures 46 x 46 when completed. Can be made to be used as a quilt or wall hanging. We used the new line of Kansas Troubles fabric from moda to make this adorable piece. Machine pieced and embellished with buttons. Can be made as a 4 week class while the […]
- Hopscotch Quilt - This quilt is a great BEGINNER or quick and easy quilt when you need one in a hurry. This quilt can be made as a throw size or as a large queen. We have a kit available for a throw in the combination pictured. This quilt can also be made with a wide variety […]
- walk about - This quilt has been a great beginner class for us. This quilt can be make in a variety of sizes from lap to king. Sign up now to make this quilt.
- callies star - this quilt was designed by Maryann Scott-Smith for Bayberry Quilts. This quilt is an intermediate skill level.
- Callies Garden Path - Price:36.00 Day & Time: year-round offering 2015 This new quilt was recently designed by Maryann for us here at Bayberry Quilts. Beginner Level. Quick to make and can be made with a variety of our focus fabrics. 4 week class For more information stop in or call the shoppe.